Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Day 15- Monday June 9- Elko to Blairmore

The day started pleasant enough but once again the rains came down on us. As we followed the Elk River towards Fernie the weather continued to be a challenge. However the awe inspiring scenery more than compensated. We travelled through the Crow's Nest and over the Continental Divide (rivers now flow East to Hudson's Bay). We were welcomed royally at the Alberta Visitors Center. We got our tents up at the Lost Lemon RV campground inbetween rain squalls. This is the life, seeing rainbows and eating leftover chili. There was actually ice on the tent when we got up this morning.

By the way, thanks to Sandy and Glenda, we have consumed all their case of wine. Now we are forced to pay up!! Until later, Pat & Adele

3 comments:

Paul said...

Great picture of the group. Now it's all downhill ;-) YOU WISH. Remember HALIFAX OR BUST! Sandy and I have nothing but admiration for you all, even having reached "foreign" territory.

I have been able to follow your progress on Google Earth, which, as a Brit helps me to understand the vastness of Canada.

Paul

G's said...

Ute and Jim,

It is great following the blogs-you have done so well to ride every day with so much rain. I hope you leave the rain in BC. We finally have reached 74F today. Prior to this it has only been 68F and we haven't had too much rain although on Monday night it was raining so hard on Hwy 401 around Toronto that the traffic was crawling.

Have a safe trip through the prairies and when you get to Ontario I hope you will have good weather. I feel so guilty every time I think of you all going so far when I can barely make it a quarter mile up to my mailbox on a bike.

Today and yesterday we have two deer running through our yard which is rather unusual. I know there are lots around Victoria but here they are usually further north. We also have an opossum or two in our neighbourhood. I hope your weather today is as beautiful as ours is. Be careful and enjoy the scenery! I love the prairies.

Tony and Ruthy

occrider said...

Glad to hear from you. Sounds exciting. Good luck in Alberta. Is it possible to let us know who is still riding?

Mike and Nille